- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ¼ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups dried cherries
- ¼ cup port wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #PorkChopsAndCherrySauce, #NationalCherryMonth
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the pork chops, in batches if necessary, and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the olive oil and onion. Cook for 5-8 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cherries, wine, chicken broth, marmalade, juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-8 minutes.
- Place the pork chops and half of the cherry mixture in an 8×8 inch oven safe baking dish. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the pork chops are done.
- Serve and spoon the other half of the cherry mixture on top of the pork chops.