- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 plus 1 green onion chopped into ¼ inch slices
- ¼ inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons nutella
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #NutellaChicken, #WorldNutellaDay
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl whisk the egg white. In a separate bowl mix the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
- Place each chicken thigh chunk into the egg white then the flour mixture. Then carefully place into the hot oil. Stirring occasionally cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a large pan over medium heat add the olive oil, garlic, 2 green onion slices, and ginger. Saute for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, tomato paste, sugar and nutella. Stir well then add the chicken. Toss the chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with 1 green onion slices as a garnish.
February is National Cherry Month. The ingredients for tomorrow’s recip are listed below:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup tart cherries
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup whole pecans
- 4 green onions, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 4 tablespoons gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper