- Giblets from turkey
- 4 onions, chopped
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds uncooked sausage
- 2 loaves bread, browned on both sides
- 2 cubes butter, melted
- Ground sage to taste
NOTE: This is a very simple dressing/stuffing. You can adjust to taste.
- Cook giblets with 1 onion in water. Cool and puree in blender
- Cook together 3 small onions and chopped celery covered by water until slightly tender, about ½ cooked. Add puree to this.
- Add above mixture and uncooked sausage to bread and butter and mix together.
- Add sage and desired seasonings to taste.
- Grease and salt turkey inside and outside. Put stuffing in the turkey.
- (This should be enough for a large turkey and 2 loaf pans extra)
- Bake according to size of turkey