#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay
- In a large heavy-bottomed stockpot over high heat add the oil. Using a thermometer bring the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip half of the shrimp into the tempura batter and carefully place them into the hot oil. Cook until brown about 3-4 minutes. Turn occasionally. Place on a plate lined with paper towels and repeat with the second half. Then return to oil and cook for an additional 4 minutes, repeat with the second half.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
January is National Soup Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will be soup. Ingredients for tomorrow’s recipe are listed below:
- Aluminum foil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, about 3 pounds, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ½ cups baby carrots
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika