- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ green or red pepper, seeded and cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, about 1 pound, thawed, OR 1 can prepared pizza crust
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices Italian salami
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Coarse salt
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #StromboliRing, #FiveGoldRings, #TwelveDaysOfChristmas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, green pepper, and onion. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the bread dough, or pizza crust, into a 15-inch by 12-inch rectangle. Top with pizza sauce, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella, pepper mixture, then provolone cheese.
- Starting from one of the longer ends, tightly roll up the pizza dough to make a “spiral log”. Transfer to the cookie sheet and bring the ends together to make a ring and press the ends together to seal.
- Brush with the egg whites and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, 35-45 minutes.
Tomorrow is the Sixth Day of Christmas, Six Geese a Laying. Ingredients for tomorrow’s recipe are listed below:
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup feta cheese