- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup (half a stick) butter, melted plus additional if needed
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (NOTE: 1 cup additional used in Filling)
- Cooking spray
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 16 ounce frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Caramel syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #DessertOfTheDay, #TwelveDaysOfChristmas, #SecondDayOfChristmas, #TwoTurtleDoves, #TurtleCheesecake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place graham crackers in food processor and pulse until it is a fine crumb. Add sugar and pulse until mixed. Add the butter and pulse until mixed. Note: The crumbs should stick together when pinched. If they don’t add additional butter 1 teaspoon at a time. Add the dark chocolate chips and pulse for 15-20 seconds, until the chips have been broken into small pieces.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 10 inch round or springform pan with the cooking spray. Pour in the crumb mixture and press evenly on the bottom and sides to form the crust.
- Bake the crust for 7 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and using a mixer blend until smooth. Add vanilla and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until creamed.Add the whipped topping and blend until completely mixed. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Drizzle strips of caramel syrup on top of the filling. Using a sharp knife swirl the caramel syrup into the filling, be careful not to cut into the crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips, caramel chips, and pecan pieces. Drizzle with additional caramel syrup. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.