- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces of seafood stock
- ½ pound clams, scrubbed and cleaned
- ½ pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- ½ pound of red snapper fillet, skinless and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ pound monkfish fillet, skinless and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ pound squid, cleaned and cut crosswise into ¼-½-inch rings
- ¼ pound scallops, rinsed and side-muscle removed, if attached
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails removed
- 2 green onions, cut into ¼ inch pieces
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #SevenFishesStew, #ChristmasEve, #glutenFree, #MainCourseRecipe
- In a large stock pot over medium heat add the olive oil, onion, celery, and salt. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the seafood stock and clams. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 2 minutes then add the mussels, simmer until they start to open, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the snapper and monkfish and simmer until they are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add the squid, scallops, and shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove any clams or mussels that didn’t open
- Using a slotted spoon remove the seafood to the serving bowl.
- Pour the remaining liquid through a colander lined with cheesecloth. Add the remaining liquid to the serving bowl.
- Serve and top with the green onions
Tomorrow is Christmas Day and we will be celebrating the 12 Days Of Christmas. Partridge in a Pear Tree – Braised Beef With Pears. Ingredients needed are listed below.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chuck or rump roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef stalk
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 pears, cut into 4 wedges and seeds removed
- 2 bay leaves