- 1 large, ripe dragon fruit
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ inch ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- ½ cup seedless grapes, quartered
- Plastic wrap
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 romaine hearts, roughly ripped
- ½ cup cashews
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #ChickenAndDragonFruitSalad, #NationalRootVegetablesAndExoticFruitsMonth, #Chicken, #DragonFruit
- Cut the dragon fruit into fourths. Using your finger under the skin and peel it away. Cut the meat of the dragon fruit into ¼ inch triangles.
- In a large bowl add the dragon fruit, sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, ginger, apple, and grapes. Toss then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a medium stock pot add the chicken breasts and salt. Cover the chicken with water plus 1 inch. Place on the stove over medium-high heat and cook until the chicken is done. Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Let it cool enough to handle and then dice into ½ inch pieces.
- Serve with the romaine then the chicken then top with the dragon fruit mixture and cashews.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. A traditional Christmas Eve dish is Seven-Fishes Stew. The ingredients for tomorrow’s recipe is listed below:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces of seafood stock
- ½ pound clams, scrubbed and cleaned
- ½ pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- ½ pound of red snapper fillet, skinless and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ pound monkfish fillet, skinless and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ pound squid, cleaned and cut crosswise into ¼-½-inch rings
- ¼ pound scallops, rinsed and side-muscle removed, if attached
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails removed
- 2 green onions, cut into ¼ inch pieces