- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 chipotle chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch strips
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- White rice
- Place all of the ingredients, except chicken, in the slow-cooker and stir.
- Place the chicken in the sauce
- Cook on high 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Serve with rice
Tomorrow is National Bouillabaisse Day.