- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1-2 medium russet potatoes, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 12 ounce jar beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pie crust, recipe here or buy refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg white, whipped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat add the olive oil and beef. Cook until the beef is browned on all sides. Turn the heat down to medium and add the salt, onion, carrots, potatoes, and peas. Cook until the onion starts to be translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the gravy and cornstarch. Mix well and add to the skillet. Remove from heat
- Place one pie crust in a round pie pan and add the mixture. Top with a second pie crust and press the edges together with a fork. Brush the egg white on the top of the crust and with a knife poke a few holes in the top of the crust. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Tomorrow is National Lager Day. Tomorrow’s recipe will include Lager