- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 8 oz water chestnuts, drained and diced
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce plus additional to serve
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped into ⅛ inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head bib or butter lettuce
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- Sweet chili sauce
- Place your list items here
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat add the peanut oil and chicken. Cook until it is browned. Add the red pepper and water chestnuts. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until the red pepper becomes soft.
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together. When fully mixed add to the chicken and remove from heat. Mix together well.
- Place the dry roasted peanuts in a zipper bag and crush lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Lay the lettuce leaves on a serving dish and place the chicken mixture inside the lettuce and sprinkle with the peanuts.
- Serve with soy sauce or sweet chili sauce
Tomorrow: November is Greens and Plantains Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will include green plantains.