- 1 cup pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the pecans on the baking sheet and bake on a medium rack for about 5 minutes, until lightly toasted. Let the pecans cool.
- Turn the oven up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the pecans have cooled, chop them finely.
- In a shallow bowl add the pecans, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs. In another shallow pan add the flour. In a 3rd shallow pan crack the eggs and whisk.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. (Note: if all of the pork chops will not fit in the pan at the same time, only put half of the olive oil and butter and repeat the next step with half of the pork chops at one time) Dredge a pork chop in the flour, then the egg, then the pecans. Place the pork chops in the frying pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side.
- Place the pork chops in a baking dish and add any olive oil from the frying pan to the baking dish. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, making sure the pecans don’t burn.
Tomorrow: November is Spinach and Squash Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will include Spinach and Squash.