- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Drizzle olive oil on the inside of the squash and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and drizzle olive oil. Toss the chicken and then sprinkle a little salt and pepper over and toss once more.
- Remove the squash from the oven and place the chicken and onion around the squash and place back in the oven for 30-35 more minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Place the squash on a wire rack cut side up to let cool for 5 minutes.
- Dice the onion.
- In a skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, and onion. Cook for 1 minute then add the spinach, artichoke hearts, and olives. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, dice the chicken into ½ inch pieces. Using a fork separate the strands from the squash.
- Place 1 – 1 ½ cups squash on each plate, then divide the sauce and put on top of the squash. Top with the chicken and feta cheese
Tomorrow: National Vichyssoise Day