- 1 head garlic
- Olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 ounces dried pasta
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and discard the paper out layers of the garlic head, leaving the skins on the individual garlic cloves. Cut the top ¼ inch from the top of the cloves. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using aluminum foil make a small cradle for the garlic to stay upright. Place the garlic in the foil cradle and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil on the garlic, add a pinch of salt, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and add a tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and toss. When the garlic has baked for 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, place the tomatoes on the parchment paper, place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, over high heat, bring 6 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until it is al dente then drain. When the garlic is done, let it cool for a few minutes, then using your fingers pop out the garlic cloves from the paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until the onion starts to be translucent. Mince the garlic and add to the onion, cook for 1 minute. Add a dash of salt and black pepper to taste. Add 3 tablespoons flour and mix with a whisk. Once combined add the vegetable stock and almond milk, slowly.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 4 minutes, until it thickens. If it still has not thickened, remove some of the mixture to a bowl, add 1 tablespoon flour to the bowl, whisk until mixed then slowly add to the sauce.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the pasta and tomatoes, stir until the pasta is covered. Serve immediately.
November is Spinach and Squash Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will include spinach and squash.