- 1 loaf Cuban bread. NOTE: French or Italian bread works also
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- 12 oz sliced Swiss cheese
- 12 ounces dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced ham
- ½ – ¾ pounds leftover Cuban-style roast pork, or regular roast pork, adding seasonings
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- Cuban-style seasons, if using regular roast pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
NOTE: If you don’t have Cuban-style roast pork put your regular roast pork in a bowl, prepare the seasonings, see instructions below, and mix.
- Slice the Cuban bread lengthwise. Spread the yellow mustard on the top and bottom halves. Place the Swiss cheese on top and bottom halves. Layer the pickles, ham, then roast pork. Close the sandwich halves. Cover the top and bottom with the butter and place in a panini press or large cast iron skillet. Cut the sandwich in half if it won’t fit.
- Cook until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Slice into 8 slices. Serve.
Tomorrow: November is National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. Tomorrow’s Recipe will be a “Fling” recipe.