- 2 pounds ground pork sausage
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- In a medium stockpot over medium-high heat add the pork sausage. Cook until browned. Remove from the pan and drain off the grease. Return the sausage to the stockpot, reduce the heat to medium and add the condensed milk. Cook until it starts to bubble. Add the cornmeal, pepper, and salt. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Put the sausage mixture in a loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate.
- After it has chilled cut into ½ inch slices. In a frying pan over medium-high heat add olive oil and fry the slices on each side until they scrapple starts to be golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.
Tomorrow: November is National Roasting Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will reflect this.