- 7 eggs – if not hard-boiled, follow the instructions below.
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
HARD BOILING EGGS:
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Place the pan on the stove over high heat and wait until the water starts boiling. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. After 15 minutes remove the pan from the stove and place in the sink. Run cold water for 3-4 minutes until the eggs are cool to the touch then peel.
- Rinse the peeled eggs well. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Put the yolks in a bowl and the whites on a plate.
- Add 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, ranch dressing, paprika (unless you want to top the eggs with the paprika), salt, garlic and black pepper taste. Mix well, if it is hard to work with add 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Place the yolk mixture in a quart bag, or if you want to be really fancy in a pastry bag and use a star tip..
- If you mixed the paprika with the yolks, place the egg whites on a serving tray. If you are sprinkling the paprika on the eggs after they are put back together the place the egg whites on a plate.
- If using a plastic bag, cut the tip off, leaving a hole about ½ inch up.
- Pipe the filling into 12, of the 14 egg yolks. (NOTE: I have found that at least 1 of the egg whites breaks apart, so I always use 1 extra egg)
- If sprinkling the paprika on top, sprinkle the deviled eggs with paprika and transfer to a serving tray.