- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts and thighs
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 Cilantro sprigs, chopped
- 1 lime wedged
- Put the onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and chili powder in a pan over medium heat and saute until onion is transparent.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken until the juices run clear.
- Spoon the onion mixture equally into the corn tortillas.
- Dice the chicken and add to the tortillas.
- Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Squeeze lime over tacos as desired.
Tomorrow: September is National Papaya Month. Tomorrow the recipe will use Papaya