- 8 slices thick bacon
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Maple syrup
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #SourCreamPancakes, #NationalHotBreakfastMonth
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook the bacon until the consistency you like.
- Meanwhile place the egg whites in a medium bowl and the egg yolks in a separate medium bowl. Add the sour cream, vanilla, bacon grease or butter to the bowl with the egg yolks. Using a fork mix together until combined.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a fork mix together then add the sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Using a fork beat the egg whites for 2 minutes. Pour into the large bowl and fold in.
- Spray the cooking spray in large pan that has a lid, place over medium-low to medium heat. Once hot spoon about 2-3 tablespoons mixture into the pan, repeat until the pan is full of pancakes that are not touching. Cook until browned on the bottom then flip, about 2-3 minutes. Once the other side is browned, about 1-2 minutes flip again and place the lid on the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flip again and cook another 2 minutes. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve with 2 pieces of bacon, 3-4 pancakes, and maple syrup.