- 2 ruby red grapefruits, one juiced and zested and one cut in half and the segments removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound of spinach, washed and dried
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- ½ pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #ShrimpAndGrapefruitSalad, #NationalGrapefruitMonth
- In a large bowl add the grapefruit juice and zest, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, sugar, and Italian seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- To serve place the spinach on the plates, add the grapefruit segments, red onion, avocado, and shrimp. Drizzle with the grapefruit dressing.