- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz package of fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon for the sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- ⅓ cup (3 oz) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #NationalFettuccineAlfredoDay, #ChickenFettuccineAlfredo
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat add the chicken and enough water to cover. Cook until the chicken is done. Remove the chicken and dice.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot bring water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt and the fettuccine noodles. Cook 8-10 minutes, until al dente, drain.
- While the chicken and pasta cooks, add the milk, half and half, cream cheese, flour, and 1 teaspoon salt into a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a non-stick saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the garlic. Saute the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the milk mixture to the pan and turn up to medium-high. Stir constantly until the sauce starts to simmer, about 3-4 minutes. Turn heat back down to medium and keep stirring until it is much thicker, about 2-3 minutes more.
- When the mixture has thickened remove from heat, add the Parmesan cheese and chicken stir in. Cover the pan and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta to a bowl and while tossing the pasta slowly add the sauce until the pasta is thoroughly coated.