- ½ butternut squash, seeds removed, peeled, and diced into ½ inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #RoastedButternutSquashOatmeal, #NationalOatmealMonth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the butternut, olive oil, salt, and dried sage. Toss and place on a cookie sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the squash is soft.
- I a medium saucepan over medium heat add the oats and water then cover. Cook until the oats are creamy, about 6-7 minutes. Add the spinach, garlic, walnuts, and black pepper. Cover and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Place the oat mixture in a food processor and pulse until the spinach is creamy.
- Serve with putting ¼ of the oatmeal mixture and ¼ of the butternut in a bowl.