- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup plus 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #CheeseburgerMacAndCheese, #NationalCheeseLoversDay
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large stock pot over high heat bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add the elbow macaroni and salt. Cook until al dente and remove from heat. Drain and leave the elbow macaroni in the colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat add the ground beef and onion. Cook until the beef is browned, about 6-8 minutes. Drain the excess grease and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef, crushed tomatoes, half-and-half, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard to the stock pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Slowly stir in 1 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese. When the cheese is melted add the elbow macaroni and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 pan and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted.
Tomorrow is New England Clam Chowder Day. The ingredients are listed below:
- 2 quarts half-and-half
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ stick butter
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups red potatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon thyme
- 2 6.5 ounce cans minced clams with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup flour plus additional if needed
- Parsley, optional