- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets, without skin
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon butter
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #HalibutWithHotButterRumSauce, #NationalHotButterRumDay
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush both sides of halibut with 2 tablespoons butter then season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 5 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter before turning then cook an additional 5 minutes, until the internal temperature at the thickest point is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile place the rum, lemon juice, orange marmalade, and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve the halibut and top with the rum sauce.