- 1 fresh young chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #TwelveDaysOfChristmas, #TenthDayOfChristmas, #TenLordsALeaping, #LeapfrogChicken
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken. Put the chicken, breast side up, on a cutting board. Pull a leg away and cut through the skin between the breast and leg until you reach the joint. Carefully bend the leg back until the joint pops. Repeat with the other leg.
- Using sharp kitchen scissors cut through the rib bones from the thigh to the shoulder. Press on the breastbone to flatten.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, sea salt, garlic, oregano, cumin, allspice, and paprika. Whisk together.
- Place the chicken in a large broiler pan. Place the lemon slices under the skin and in the opened leg joint. Spread the marinade over the chicken.
- Put a meat thermometer in the breast then place the chicken on the middle rack of the oven. Cook until the thermometer reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit, about 30-35 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the chicken in until the thermometer reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 25 minutes. Remove the chicken and let it rest uncovered for 10 minutes.
Tomorrow is the Eleventh Day of Christmas, Eleven Pipers Piping. The Ingredients for tomorrow’s recipe are listed below:
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream.
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese