- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 pink lady apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #TwelveDaysOfChristmas, #NineLadiesDancing, #NinthDayOfChristmas, #BeefStew
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and the beef. Cook until the beef is browned then remove and place in the bottom of the slow-cooker. Add the butter, salt, pepper, onion, carrot, and apples. Cook until the onion starts to be translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove the vegetables and place in the slow-cooker. Turn the heat to medium-high. Add the flour and whisk until the mixture starts to thicken. Pour the mixture into the slow-cooker along with the bay leaf and water.
- Turn the slow-cooker to high and cook for 4 hours, until the meat is tender.