- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MainCourseOfTheDay, #TwelveDaysOfChristmas, #EighthDayOfChristmas, #EightMaidsAMilking, #MilkBraisedPorkChops
- Place the salt and sugar and 1-quart water in a bowl and mix. Add the pork chops and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan over medium heat add the bacon. Cook until the bacon is done. Place the bacon in the bottom of an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
- Place the pork chops in the pan and brown for 2-3 minutes per side. Place the pork chops on top of the bacon.
- Add the milk, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, baking soda, paprika, and mustard to the pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir and cook until the liquid has reduced by about half. Remove the bay leaf and pour over the pork chops.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes, until the pork chops are done.
Tomorrow is the Ninth Day of Christmas, Nine Ladies Dancing. The Ingredients for tomorrow’s recipe are listed below:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 pink lady apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water