- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ham steak (¾ – 1 pound)
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #MapleGlazedHamSteak, #NationalMapleSyrupDay
- In a small bowl mix the maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When the mixture starts to boil add the ham.
- Turn the ham frequently until the ham has heated all the way through and the maple glaze has thickened.
- Serve with remaining glaze poured onto the ham.
Tomorrow is National Roast Suckling Pig Day. Below is a list of the ingredients you will need:
- 1 suckling pig (15-20 pounds)
- 1 cup plus 1 cup sea salt
- 10 cloves garlic, whole
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 6 inches of ginger, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 apples, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 cups white wine
- Aluminum foil