- 3 medium russet potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 4 red potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup plus ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large stockpot on high heat add the potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- In a pan over medium heat cook the bacon until it is crispy then remove. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until the onion starts to become translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Reserve the oil.
- Add the butter and flour to the pan and whisk. Slowly add the half-and-half. Continue whisking until the mixture begins to thicken.
- In small batches add the vegetable broth, potatoes, and onion mixture in a blender and blend until the vegetables are small pieces.
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat add the half-and-half and potato mixture. When it starts to boil add the sour cream and 1 cup of cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and top with the remaining cheese and green onions
#recipe, #NationalFoodOfTheDay, #potatosoup, #loadedcreamypotatosoup, #Rootvegetablesandexoticfruitsmonth, #December, #bacon
Tomorrow is National Maple Syrup Day. Tomorrow’s recipe will include maple syrup.