- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- ½ pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 star fruit, peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup pecan halves
- In a large glass bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken and add to the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes tossing frequently, until the chicken is browned.
- Add the liquid the chicken was in, star fruit, orange juice, sesame oil, and pecans.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through about 2-5 minutes.
Tomorrow: December is Quince and Watermelon Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will include Quince