- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 slices French bread, cut into ¾ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Jam or maple syrup
- In a pie pan crack the eggs and whisk with a fork. Add the half-and-half and cinnamon and whisk together.
- Place the corn flakes in a gallon bag and crush with a rolling pin or with the back of a large spoon. Add the sugar to the bag and mix together, then pour into a second pie pan.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture completely coating each side. Let the excess egg mixture drip off. Place in the cereal mixture and press gently, then turn and repeat on the 2nd side.
- Place the coated bread in the frying pan until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, then turn and repeat.
- Serve with jam or maple syrup.
Tomorrow: November is National Pepper Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will have black pepper.