- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 green plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and onion. Cook until the onion is nearly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a large stockpot add the onion mixture, vegetable stock, chicken stock, plantains, corn, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat for 30-45 minutes, until the plantains are tender.
- When the chicken is done, add 2 cups of the chicken water to the stockpot with the vegetables.
- Remove the chicken and let cool until you can cut it into ½ inch pieces. Add the chicken to the vegetables. After the plantains are tender and the chicken has warmed again if needed, serve.
Tomorrow: November is National Pepper Month. Tomorrow’s recipe will have black pepper.