- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop the top and bottom off of the butternut squash, then peel. Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into ¾ inch squares. Place in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Toss then place on a baking sheet. Cook for 30-45 minutes, until the squash is tender and browning. Remove the squash from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes, until warm but not hot. Add the squash, onion, spinach, cranberries, and pecans and toss.
- In a bowl add the balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, and honey. Mix and add salt and pepper to taste. NOTE: There will be extra dressing.
- Plate the salad and drizzle with dressing to taste.
Tomorrow is National Pickle Day. Tomorrow’s recipe will include pickles.