- 1 pie crust, or buy a premade pie crust
- 1 12-14 oz block firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- ¾ cup spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or follow the instructions on the purchased pie crust. Put the pie crust in a glass pie pan. Place the pie pan in the oven and cook until browned, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the tofu and wrap in a tea towel.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the olive or coconut oil, onion, bell pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the broccoli and mushrooms are softened then remove from heat.
- Divide the tofu into 2-3 pieces and place in a food processor with the sun-dried tomatoes. Pulse until smooth. Ad the tofu mixture to the saucepan. Add the nutritional yeast, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and spinach. Return to heat and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Spoon mixture into the baked pie crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the quiche is firm to the tough. Cool for 20 minutes then slice and serve.
Tomorrow is National Pizza with the works except Anchovies Day & National Chicken Soup for the Soul Day. There will be recipes for both days!