- 8 oz spaghetti (Gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (Fresh squeezed is best)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large stock pot bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and 1 tablespoon salt. Cook until al dente then drain.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and white pepper and toss. Place cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Add ¼ cup olive oil, basil, garlic, pine nuts, vegan parmesan cheese, and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend until creamy. If needed add water, ½ teaspoon at a time. The pesto should be thick and pourable.
- Add the spaghetti, roasted tomatoes, and pesto to a large mixing bowl. Toss and serve.
- Optional: serve with extra vegan parmesan cheese or basil.
Tomorrow is National Nacho Day